MED.I.T.A. project aims at implementing a “Cargo Community System” by a technology transfer borrowed from the experience gained from Port of Livorno and Interporto Toscano in TEN-T project “MOS4MOS”.
General and specific objectives of the project:
- Reduce waiting time needed to check-in, which causes nowadays long queues at gates;
- Reduce pollution produced by stopped vehicles and not-optimized paths;
- Create a virtual network over the infrastructural one, implementing automatic control of vehicles’ load and reading information about followed path, with particular interest in the goods susceptible to the protection of the marine environment;
- Create ad hoc data mining process to give back statistical information about the paths used by goods and their classification;
- Implement a unique platform in order to share information among members of MED.I.T.A. project or other authorized interested parties.